1. We have been talking about this so many times in our training sessions. ENGAGE your employees. Do Not leave them behind.
2. Employees engagement are very important in your people management aspect. People who are not being engaged, normally are the ones that felt being left out, and eventually will not be a team-player within the organisation. Worst still when they felt being left out, some will eventually end up resisting to whatever is being implemented within the work space.
3. We do not want that unnecessary kind of issues within our work place. It is time consuming to resolve such issues. In fact, one should be putting in more time into developing cohesive, collaborative people with the right mental attitude within the workplace.
4. How can one, as a Supervisor or even a Manager deliver the results with values, required of them when their team personnel doesn’t feel good in doing what they are doing? There is a management saying that in order for one to deliver Results and Values, one should be Passionate. And how can we develop passion at work, when your people are disengage?
5. Now studies shows that only 20% of your organisational employees are being engaged ! What about the rest of them? Could it be that for as long as they are doing the job, then it is fine. Well, it won’t be long then before the storm moves in. People who are being engaged, love what they do and is busy doing it, do not have the time to whine, talk about negative things and influence others with destructive influence.
Now imagine, if your organisation are able to engage more than that 20% !
When clients request quotation from hotels, it simply implies that there is intent to bring events to the hotel concern. The sales department sometimes take a long time to respond. This is a bad aspect of sales attitude.
A rapid response increases the possibilities of having the sales being awarded to the hotel concern. All sales begin with intent. It is the effort of the sales personnel to expedite the requisition that will predetermine the success rate.
Further more, a standard quotation should at any time be in the hard drive of the computer. A simple effort of emailing it with a rapid response attitude is preferred.
What is the possisble delay, then ?
It is not my area of sales.
If I do it, the sales commission won’t be coming to me.
If it is not my area, then it is not my concern.
There is no teamwork in sales department because of all the above.
The sales is too small, etc.
An excuse making desease. Self centered attitude and many more of these negative culture makes the sale slip away to other places. Something that the Sales Director or Manager may have to look into and realign the department.
They saying copying others is wrong. Well that is in school days. But in real life, there are many incidents that we have copied what others are doing, maybe refining or upgrading it to some extend, and then bringing it back home and implementing it. Of course, hoping that it will succeed and that should be making money for us.
Be it in what ever business that we maybe, if you are not there giving your full focus and commitment , then it is bound to be stranded is many aspect of management. Hiring people to be where one should be, would not give you the success factor that the business should be getting.
Now, if you are thinking to expand your channels of income from one to more, then maybe it is a risk to be taken wisely. No one, nobody would have the passion and commitment that the originator may have.
DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS.
Sometimes you come across happenings that become lessons to learn from. And some lessons really make you sick deep down in your stomach.
1. We were called in to discuss, understand and design training program for selected group of focused people within the organisation. The dates were set and all is being arrange and prepared for the training.
2. Nearing the dates, we were being told that the training will be postpone. When asked about the key reason, it is that the FC did not get the approval from the HR Dir in the UK, and the MD in Bangkok.
3. Now it shows that the HR within the premise and the FC cannot get along well. It shows that there is no Team Collaboration. It shows that they are not able to make decisions. They maybe International. Maybe also Government interest or whatnots.
4. If the way you manage is as such, then your company is screwed up. When you are screwed up, you are. It doesn’t matter of the team has more than 10 years of experience. The EGO kills the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company.
5. And YES, I fired the Customer. You have the right to fire your Customer. Customer are NOT always right. Sometimes they THINK they are professional. The fact remains that they are NOT !
6. Knowledge Excellence, Morale Excellence and Professional Excellence. Make sure that your team have this before engaging with other companies and/or consultant on the outside. Otherwise, you are getting naked in public !
KNOW YOUR PERFORMANCE SYMPTOMS.
A. If the employee has sufficient job knowledge but has an improper attitude, this may be classed as motivational problem. The consequences (rewards) of the person’s behavior will have to be adjusted.
B: If the employee has both job knowledge and a favorable attitude, but performance is unsatisfactory, then the problem may be out of control of the employee. i.e. lacking resources, bad process, time pressures. An environmental analysis is called for.
C: If the employee lacks both job knowledge and a favorable attitude, that person may be improperly placed in the position. This may imply a problem with employee selection, and suggest that transfer or discharge should be considered.
D: If the employee desires to perform, but lacks the requisite job knowledge or skills, then additional training may be the answer.
It all began with scandals unleashed…then avoidance. Lies after lies, and with the social media today, it goes on like wildfire. Credibility, Integrity lost in a split of a second.
Then comes the chopping board. One after another. Those that are values oriented, principle centred…off they go ! Well, though we are at the top of the pinnacle of power, we are not GOD. Indeed we are not.
Now the great thing is that when you manage people with fear, they become fearful. No one like to be caged. Not even for a day that is. One will be dis-oriented and life has no meanings.
However, people will make a stand. Though they will be bootlickers and some hardcore bran eaters, they are not the majority ! Respect crumbles and nobody cares anymore. They say if you manage a Country with Respect, that is Democracy, but if you manage the Country with fear, that is a Facist state. But no one cares anymore. I don’t for sure. I don’t give a damn anymore. Do what you like, say what you like…these group of people means nothing to me !
Well, there is lots of mistake that we have done throughout the years. We never learn. We never take heed. When Frank Swettenham wrote about us in his book, we got angry and we call him names…in Malays of course. And fall down we did ! We create caste among ourselves to rule others. We are nothing. We are nobody unless we force ourselves unto others. Just like the Pharaohs.
Now I don’t believe in any one of them. Talk without values. Talk without Integrity. Smile and walking tall albeit lies as if no one knows. We are not from the days of the sailing boat no more.
It is a shambles indeed. Shameful deeds to be slaves of Corruption and Manipulation. Cronyism and living life among the sinful righteous people that walked the earth. Even those with turbans can turbanised with Ringgit and Projects worth millions. And this is not the development that the people looks unto…
It is a shambles. A political shamble and I choose to quiet off. Nothing can be done. Nothing can be said.
They sing the song that tells the story of what they are doing now. WARISAN…. a song that carries meanings, but worthless at the end of the day. A Facist state we have become and it shuts down on the people that can think and speak.
There is no more Glory, for the people of the world jeered unto us for our corruption as a way of life !